Optima Executors offers a range of taxation services relating to deceased estates. This service includes:
- Reporting the taxpayer’s death to SARS;
- Obtain the tax history of the deceased;
- Obtain the tax information and prepare and submit the deceased’s income tax return until date of death, including the calculation of capital gains tax and taxes on annuity/life products;
- Register the deceased estate as a separate taxpayer with SARS;
- Obtain the tax information and prepare and submit the estate’s income tax return from the date of death to the date of the Liquidation and Distribution account;
- Calculate the estate duty and determine who is liable for payment thereof;
- Prepare and submit the Estate Duty Return;
- Attend to SARS queries and audits;
- Obtain SARS clearance.
This service is currently being used and is highly regarded by various other deceased estate practitioners, as it takes care of any and all interactions with SARS, eFiling and the other role players.